If you are thinking about selling your home this year, we highly recommend that you do so sooner than later. Right now inventory is at record lows and homes are flying off the market in a matter of hours instead of days. In order to get top dollar for your home, it is essential that you move quickly while inventory is still low, work with a knowledgeable REALTOR® and properly prepare your home for sale. Now more than ever, details count. Buyers are searching for homes online so a well priced home with great photos can mean the difference of thousands of dollars. Here is a preview of what we recommend that all of our clients do before listing their home for sale.
For a full list, contact us.
- Ensure sure yard is tidy and remove any debris or dead plants
- Replace worn rugs or welcome mats.
- Remove any furniture that closes in a space or is unnecessary. You want every room to feel as spacious as possible
- Clean everything off the outside of the refrigerator. Remove all magnets, photos, drawings etc.
- Make sure placement of furniture highlights layout of room, avoid any furniture covering the windows
- Make sure shower doors, tub, tile and grout are clean and free of watermarks
- Pack away or donate any unused clothing or shoes. The more space you can clear up, the better
- Vacuum every evening or morning and use a carpet freshener occasionally as well. Have carpets professionally cleaned, or replaced if damaged.
- Make sure hard surface floors are clean and remove hallway rugs to show off the flooring
- Open shades and curtains to let in light
- Light a fire in the fireplace to create a comfortable ambiance