This is what you need to know for your next move to be your best move.
While moving is an exciting adventure, it can also be a lot of work. Whether you are moving into your first home or getting ready to upgrade to a new home the best advice we give our clients is work ahead and pack a little at a time. In addition, if you are preparing to sell, sorting and storing away the items you don’t use on a regular basis, helps your home feel more organized and welcoming to potential buyers.
Here are some quick and easy ways that you can save time, energy and money:
- Clean out all closets and sort items into three categories. Save, donate/ sell or throw away. That way you are only moving the items that are important and getting rid of the rest.
- Don’t pay for new boxes. You can find free boxes from stores, Craigslist or Facebook Marketplace.
- Buy mover’s plastic wrap. This product is perfect to protect mattresses, furniture and more from dirt and dust while moving.
- Mark and label your boxes. Use colored markers or stickers to coordinate with each part of your home so that you can quickly and easily tell which boxes belong to each area of your home. For example, all green boxes have kitchen supplies.
- Reserve the right sized moving truck. Rent a truck that’s too large and you are paying for more than what you need. Rent one that is too small and you may have to make multiple trips.
- If you are hiring movers, get several quotes before you commit. Contact us for names of some reputable companies we frequently work with.
- Pack a moving survival box. Put scissors, tape, snacks, cleaning supplies, paper towels, toilet paper and any important documents in a box or basket and keep it with you for move in day.
For more information, tips and advice, contact our team and we would be happy to help you with your next move and finding the home of your dreams.